發布時間:2024-01-25閱讀(11)
作者:小雅和英美友人

Child: Mom, I dont think that elderly lady with the walker
寶寶:媽媽,我覺得用助行器的那位老奶奶
can cross the street before the light changes!
在變燈前過不去馬路了!

Mom: Youre right!
媽媽:你說得對!
Lets help her.
咱們幫幫她吧。
It looks like she also has some bags on her walker.
看起來她的助行器上還有幾個袋子。

? Quickly walk up to the elderly lady
快速走向那位老奶奶
Child: Do you need some help carrying your bags?
寶寶:您需要幫忙提袋子么?
Elderly lady: Oh, thank you!
老奶奶:哦,謝謝!
Mom: Here, my daughter will carry your bag for you
媽媽:來,我女兒幫您提袋子,

and Ill help you push your walker just a little faster.
我幫您把助行器稍微推快一點。

Elderly lady: That is very kind of you, thank you.
老奶奶:你們真好,謝謝。
Mom: Youre very welcome.
媽媽:不客氣。
? Elderly lady moves on 老奶奶繼續前行
Mom: Its good to take care of the elderly around us.
媽媽:照顧我們身邊的老人是很好的行為。

By taking care of them,
照顧他們的同時,
we are respecting them.
我們也表達了對他們的尊敬。
Child: What does "respect" mean?
寶寶:“尊敬”是什么意思?
Mom: It means to honor someone
媽媽:意思就是尊重某人,
and to treat them in a special way.
并以特別的方式對待他們。

Someone you respect is someone you think is important.
你尊敬的人,是你認為重要的人。
We respect the elderly,
我們尊敬老人,
or our elders,
或者說長者,
because they are older than us,
因為他們比我們年長,

have lots of wisdom from living long lives,
擁有長久生活的智慧,
and they have given so much to us,
他們給予了我們太多太多,
their children and grandchildren.
我們這些他們的子孫。

They have raised the current generation of children and the adults in the workforce.
他們養育了這一代的兒童和成年勞動力。
Child: Oh, like how when Grandma and Grandpa ask for something
寶寶:哦,比如說爺爺奶奶要求我們做點什么,
and we make sure to do it?
我們一定要做,對么?
Mom: Yes, we respect them
媽媽:是的,我們尊敬他們,
by doing what they ask
就是要滿足他們所要求的,
and taking care of them as they have taken care of us.
以及像他們照顧我們一樣照顧他們。

What do you think are some other ways to respect our elders?
你覺得還有什么其他方式來尊敬我們的長輩?
Child: Well, I can give an old man my seat on the bus.
寶寶:嗯,我可以在公共汽車上給老爺爺讓座。

Mom: You could!
媽媽:是的!
Although, he might be a gentleman and say you should keep it.
雖然他可能很紳士,會說讓你接著坐。
You can also help carry their groceries.
你還可以幫他們提剛買完的東西。
Since their bodies are sometimes too frail from old age,
因為他們的身體有時會因年老而變得非常虛弱,

they cant physically do as much as they used to.
他們在行動上不能像過去那樣做很多事情了。
We also have holidays like Chung Yeung Festival to show our respect to the elderly.
我們還有像重陽節這樣的節日來表達對老年人的尊敬。

Even if some elderly are not grandparents,
即使一些老人不是咱們的爺爺奶奶,
we must also make sure to listen to them
我們也必須傾聽他們的聲音,
and be especially polite when we are around them.
在他們身邊時要特別有禮貌。
We want to make sure the elderly in our community are well taken care of.
我們要讓社會上的老年人都能得到很好的照顧。
Child: Okay, I will.
寶寶:好的,我會的。
近期節日相關英文,請查看:
過萬圣節,跟加拿大媽媽學親子英語:做南瓜燈、扮裝、要糖果……
關于感恩的親子英文——母子倆感恩節飯桌上的對話
迎圣誕,跟加拿大媽媽學親子英文:裝飾房間、烤餅干、等禮物……
點擊下方鏈接,購買《你和寶寶說英語》一書,學習吃喝拉撒睡相關的30個場景的親子英文,自創家庭英語環境!
歡迎分享轉載→http://www.avcorse.com/read-295733.html
下一篇:紅娘是哪一部作品中的人物
Copyright ? 2024 有趣生活 All Rights Reserve吉ICP備19000289號-5 TXT地圖HTML地圖XML地圖