發布時間:2024-01-24閱讀(11)
作者:小雅和英美友人

Eating Crabs 吃螃蟹
Mom: Hairy crabs for dinner!
媽媽:晚飯的大閘蟹來了!
英文中是以大閘蟹鉗子上有毛這一點來為它命名的。

Child: I like crab.
寶寶:我喜歡吃螃蟹。
表達喜歡吃某種水果時用復數名詞,如:I like apples;表達喜歡吃某種肉或者魚時用集合名詞,也就是名詞的單數形式。
Mom: There are two main kinds of crabs: river crabs and sea crabs.
媽媽:螃蟹主要有兩種:河蟹和海蟹。
在美國等西方國家通常只吃海蟹,本文根據我國秋天吃河蟹的生活場景編寫。

The hairy crabs we have today are river crabs,
今天我們吃的大閘蟹是河蟹,
which are such a great fall treat.
它們可是一道秋天的美味。
Child: You and Daddy always open up my crabs
寶寶:你和爸爸總是幫我剝螃蟹,

and get the meat out,
把肉弄出來,
but I want to try it myself this time.
但是這次我想自己試試。
Can you show me how?
你能教教我嗎?
Mom: Sure.
媽媽:當然。
Here are some little tools:
這里有一些小工具:
a little stick and a little spoon,
一根小棍和一個小勺,
which can help us get the crab meat out of the nooks and crannies inside.
它們可以幫咱們把蟹肉從里面的縫兒里弄出來。

在西方,人們會使用crab fork-蟹叉和crab knife-蟹刀。

Then, we have a pair of crab scissors,
咱們還有一把蟹剪,
which we use to cut the legs.
用來剪腿兒。

在西方,人們會使用crab mallet-蟹槌來敲蟹腿,因為他們通常吃的是海蟹,海蟹腿比較硬。

We also have some paper bibs that come with the crabs
咱們的螃蟹還附送了一些紙圍嘴,

because eating crabs is always messy.
因為吃螃蟹一般都會弄得哪哪都是。
Child: I feel like a baby again.
寶寶:我感覺自己又像個小嬰兒了。
How do I start it?
我從哪里開始呢?
Mom: Some people start with the legs,
媽媽:有些人先吃腿兒,

but there is no strict rule.
不過沒有嚴格的規定。
Why dont you crack the body open first,
你先把螃蟹的身體剝開吧,

so I can go over the parts of the crab
這樣我可以給你講講螃蟹的各個部位,
and tell you which parts are not edible?
然后告訴你哪些部位不能吃。
Please make sure to remove the "key" out of the bottom of the crab,
一定要把底部的蟹掩扔掉,
也有人管它叫apron或者flip。

and remove the intestines, stomach, gills, and heart inside the shell.
然后把殼里的腸、胃、腮和心也扔掉。

Child: Okay, got it.
寶寶:好的,知道了。
Whats this?
這是什么?
Mom: This is the roe.
媽媽:這是蟹黃(膏)。

Roe is the masses of eggs or sperm inside of a crabs body.
蟹黃(膏)是螃蟹體內的卵巢或者精巢。
Roe既可以表示蟹黃,也可以表示蟹膏。在西方國家,人們通常只吃母蟹的黃,不吃公蟹的膏。

Child: The roe is yummy!
寶寶:蟹黃真好吃!
Mom: Oh, we also have some dipping sauce,
媽媽:哦,咱們還有蘸料,
which is a mixture of rice vinegar, sugar, and ginger.
里面有米醋、糖和姜。

Child: I finished all the crab roe.
寶寶:我把蟹黃都吃完了。
Mom: Now you can get to the meat,
媽媽:現在你可以吃肉了,
most of which is in the "lump" in the back.
大部分在后面的“大塊”里。
Child: The good stuff!
寶寶:好東西!
Mom: You bet.
媽媽:當然。
Do you know if you are eating a male or a female crab?
你知道你吃的是公蟹還是母蟹嗎?

Child: Female, because its smaller.
寶寶:母的,因為它小一些。
Mom: Yes, size is one indicator,
媽媽:是的,個頭是一方面,
but another more reliable indicator is to look at the plates on the underside of the crab. 但是另一個更準確的判斷方法是看螃蟹底部的臍。
The male crabs have a pointed plate and the females have a round plate.
公蟹是尖臍,母蟹是圓臍。

Child: Thats interesting.
寶寶:有意思。
Mom: Alright, go ahead and eat the rest of your crab.
媽媽:好了,繼續吃螃蟹剩下的部分吧。
Make sure to finish it all up,
一定要都吃掉,
including the legs and claws.
包括腿兒和鉗子。
Child: Sure thing!
寶寶:沒問題!
看完文章,帶著寶寶指認下螃蟹部位吧。

更多秋天相關文章,請查看:
秋天你需要和寶寶說的英文,豐收、樹葉變色、落葉、保暖……
Collage是大學?拼貼畫才是它,制作過程親子英文奉上
用英文教寶寶玩“拔根兒”(北方)或“斗草”(南方)
Copyright ? 2024 有趣生活 All Rights Reserve吉ICP備19000289號-5 TXT地圖HTML地圖XML地圖